Thursday, April 24, 2008

Phoenix d'Hump

So, driving like a bat out of hell (out of purgatory), yesterday I
left Las Vegas heading (who said head?) East towards Phoenix.
I covered the 301 mile distance in a somewhat agreeable span of 5
hours. In between highway speeds of 80ish and small town diversions of
down to 35, agreeable is the term...
I arrived after the hares left, but while the pack was there. A quick
change in the bathroom and I was ready to go.
D'Hump definitely does things differently than a standard trail. Very
informal pick-up style, no religion. The most hash_like events
occurred on trail with both a boob check (yay!) and a 69 check (?).
We finished at a bar in Tempe where there were nickel miller lites
(beer?) and food.
Cost was a buck (a deer!) to offset the pickup flour.
Made my first away trade where I gave Mount n' Spread my Dirty Panties
t-shirt in exchange for a Tex-Mex one.
The hashpitality here is excellent! Plan on meeting with Victor
Victoria later today and designing a shirt logo for Is It In Yet.
Tomorrow's Tuscon (perhaps)!

2 comments:

Ralph Mathieu said...

Onward ho!

Hope you have a safe, fantastic trip! It'll be fun for me to share your adventures on your blog. Are you traveling by yourself and just meeting other hashers at your various stops?

Unknown said...

That stretch on 93 between Wikieup and Wickenberg is brutal.