Thursday, September 4, 2008

Prague 888; Sundee

Gah it was early in the morning for a hash. 10, bloody, a.m.
We arrived at the start which was by a statue on the other side of the garden hill where all the monks do/did their thing.
B-van, more beer, group photo, then we went on our way with the same runners/walkers set-up as last time. The only difference being that they were actually separate trails!?!?
I brought my Bison Piss Vodka with me and did my best to stay FRB, only falling behind Quick Czech, who (as his name implies) is stupid fast. So fast he actually won some competitive triathalon a couple days before, becoming the fastest Czech in the region. Bloody hell.
About 2 miles in, I pulled off to the side of trail, right where I thought a beer stop should be (as there were no beer stops on this hangover trail), and started pouring cap shots to all the hashers who passed (and about three for myself). Yes, shot check number 1!
Then, as the DFL's finished their drink, I took off again, with aims to be FRB once more and perform a second shot check, finishing off the bottle. I came close, but a few of those FRB's were just too darn hard to catch, so I gave up punishing myself on this big ass hill we were hashing up and just pulled off to the side by a park bench (I figure I covered at least another mile and a half from the first shot check) and started shot check number 2!
Fewer hashers imbibed this time, so I didn't quite finish the bottle when we ended near the top by a pond with a poor statue of a seal who Neptune stripped, swam to, then molested severely.
We carted everything down from the B-van, apples, beer, bagels, beer and beer until Bouncing Czech started circle and we all proceeded to do down-downs for various reasons.
Then each of the visiting RA's got to run a section of circle, calling out their own infractions.
Spare Rib packing taped me to a light post. I almost broke free when beer was placed in front of me, only succeeding in the other direction when Spare Rib mooned me...
All in all it was an amazing circle with a load of great hashers to have made friends with. I taught some new songs and learned some new ones myself. Even met Smartarse, who (I've been told) was the one who started the "How would, you like..." song.
Afterwards we hiked a ways down the hill, ate some great (but a touch expensive) food, then went our separate ways.
The next day I met up with Goldilocks, Puking Cougar, Just Tim and Tailgate and we went to a traditional Czech pub for traditional Czech food and beer. As the rest left, Goldi and I wandered bar to bar, drinking until pissed around 11 at night (pissed means drunk!). I bid him adieu, then went back to my new hostel room for my last night in Prague.
The next day I took a train to Kutna Hora to see an Ossuary (bone church), where this entire church is decorated with human bones. Quite cool... Then couldn't find a new hostel in the area, took a train back to Prague where I immediately booked the next ticket to Budapest. an 8 hour overnight train ride, where I slept rather uncomfortably (but slept) until about six a.m.
As of now, I've been in contact with the Prague hash, they run trail on Sundays, but this same Sunday is the Prague half-marathon. I'll admit I'm a little torn. I think it'd be cooler to do a half-marathon in Prague, but the 100 euro fee is a touch off-putting. Not to mention that my shoes are starting to get in piss-poor shape.
Decisions, decisions.

No comments: