Tuesday, September 2, 2008

On a not quite Midnight train to a place nearish Georgia

So, I'm sitting in a train going from Kutna Hora, CZ to Prague because
I couldn't find a damn hostel where I was. Bloody hell, I was hoping
to leave Prague behind and move on.
Not so much because it's not a lovely city, it quite is. But there's a
nagging problem that it's now such a tourist mecca that it's very
diffieult to really appreciate how gorgeous the city and it's
surroundings really are. Instead you have to drop exorbinant amounts
of money for food and play the 'dodge the tourist who keeps stopping
directly in front of you for another picture' game.
Couple that with a city whose streets are constantly moving, switching
around and changing direction on you and anytime you're trying to get
somewhere on time the wonderment in getting lost in such an amazinng
architectural city turns to frustration. Something I'm not akin to...
As for the hash weekend, Prague H3 showeed myself and several visitors
an amazing time. I made another set of grand hashing friends and even
have started to pull some crashspace for future European traveling!
The weekend started on Thursday as I arrived at the hostel and got
ready for the red dress run. Having picked up a smart little number
while in Edinburgh, I was one of the first 10 of the 40 or so who
showed up. Hardly a contest winner, I was awed by a couple of the
more intense red dresses and a touch disappointed by the 5 or so who
just wore red shirts and running shorts. 'Cmon guys and gals, it's a
red dress run, no need to half ass it!
Trail was up and down the twisty streets of central Prague, near
Wescelas Square and only suffered in the hare using red chalk to mark
the first half, which is impossible to see at night.
There were down-downs, and I brought out Kylie, the hottest chick from
Copenhagen to make an appearance.
We carried on, but ended far too soon for what I know of red dress
runs. Nevertheless, there was Prague's 888th hash the following day!

No comments: