Thursday, August 7, 2008

City HHH in London

I finally got to my first hash across the big blue ocean we call the Atlantic and these London folk are a grand troupe.
Trail was hared by Knickers in the dead style fashion, sweeping alongside us and marking the checks correctly after the FRB's solved them. Laid entirely in flour, we galomphed across parks, down back alleys, through underground tunnels (like Las Vegas directs people over the streets to cut traffic pedestrian fatalities, London takes them below) in one giagantic loop back to the start. A to A.
The big kicker is that due to the placement of the first check, I found the on-in within 5 minutes of starting the hash! I whispered it to the hare and joined the rest of the pack doing the actual trail.
I jumped over a pedestal, barely missing the sundial point atop it, I rode some guy line type swing thing in a childrens park. Jumped fences, all in all a grand time for a non-shiggy hash.
There was even another hasher there from D.C. so I got to meet another U.S. hasher from Walter Raleigh, NC. Tré cool.
Circle was done with fair speed and everyone was kept in rapt attention as down-downs were thrown out. I got pulled in with the other visitor, they had some virgins done in and then a bunch of other random shit. Good fun!
We all took turns buying each other beers before I snuck out, catching the LAST running subway (tube) back to the hostel. Special props to Teapot, I need to add him on hashspace.
Tonight I'll be going back out again to actually run the West London H3 (the one I missed last week) where Teapot will be hare and he promised food! I may have a few Canadian roommates from my hostel tag along as virgins.

On-On!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know where Raleigh, NC is, but I've never heard of Walter Raleigh

Ralph Mathieu said...

Are you going to be going to Germany (my motherland)? If you do, specifically the South Western Bavaria region, toss back a dunkel beer for me!

I hope the Europe leg of your journey is everything you want it to be.