Saturday, August 2, 2008

Boston Finale - London Arrival

I'm running shy of internet minutes here in my London hostel, so I'll be brief about my last week in Boston, MA.

Saturdee's hash was a blockbuster combo with a BBQ attached. The trail was short, but sweet affair that included an interesting romp through the local arboreum (sp?). However, trail was looped at a point that led everyone except for a lucky four (myself included) to shortcut almost directly to the second beer stop. For those of us who were on trail, we were treated with a great patch of dirt, a lovely set of titties (courtesy Bend Over Mommy) and an overall splendid run.
Arriving at the end point through one of the metro stops (Orange line to be specific), we pulled into Seizure Salad's place and were privvy to a delightful circle and BBQ, complete with a kiddy pool into which several of us were pulled into.
There were even several namings afoot. To memory, I Eat Teabags was named due to a tea bagging incident that occured at his naming. Another hasher was named some long conjured up thing which I cannot fathom to remember and then another Just hasher was thrown into circle. There was deliberation, me and a harriette across the circle had some weird mind-meld thing going and due to my being louder, this hasher was named; Placentos, the Freshmaker.
Yes, 3 namings to my credit on my trip, 2 in Boston alone!
Which reminds me, according to the BH3 I left not so much a visitor, but an "anomoly" (in a good way!) according to both STD (Super Teflon Dong) and Crucifux. Yay!
Towards the end of the BBQ Just Deeley (Monthly Cycle in the Boston Moon Hash) arrived sporting a wicked new (also first) tattoo along her right side.

Monday I went back to Stoughton to sort my bags for European travel and get my car ready for shipping back home. I came back to Boston on Wednesday to attend the hash, say bye to my new found friends and get ready to leave the next day.
Deeley was in full stress mode from her class and would miss the hash, which was a shame, but important things first, ya know? I dropped my bag off at her place and spent the day traveling about fighting parking tickets.
The hash was a cluster fuck of no marks, and poorly laid ones for which there were. 45 minutes getting out of the start to find trail was nuts, combined with busy intersections, it was simply ghastly. However, we finally found some trail and the first beer/shot check when we began what became a ritual of calling the hares to find out where the fuck we should go.
Along the way I grabbed 3 college age runners alongside the river and convinced them to follow our group. It worked well, they seemed to enjoy themselves up until the two and a half hour mark when between beer checks 2 and 3 one of them needed to leave. The other two followed us to the on-in, a bar called Hong Kong in which they couldn't go inside because we were all being ID'd.
Despite the disaster of trail, circle was an absolute riot, liquid libations in full form, shouting, singing, etc. A virgin from the BBQ returned to show off her new ankle cast from when she fell on trail. True hasher is she! Post circle we all karaoke'd like crazy, dancing and just having a grand old time until close to 11, when I slipped off back to Deeley's where she was still doing class work.
I woke up the next day to Deeley rushing off to class (thankfully she'd be finished on Friday, too bad I was leaving the day prior, eh?), gathered my things (and finding a lovely note) and started walking to the metro station.
I stopped half-way there to get a much needed hair cut, then had to deal with delays in trains that almost made me miss my flight. Thankfully Boston airport security is so quick you'd think they were on uppers.
I arrived here in London on Friday, but since it was an overnight flight combined with a 5 hour time change, I didn't realize the day. As a result I missed the West End London hash by a full day (though I took the train many miles just to catch it... oops...), but thanks to some Phoenix hashers who happened to be on anniversary here that I ran into at the Tower, I plan on being in Dublin for their hash on Tuesday!

No comments: