Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Frankfurt H3

Also, a Vineyard hash, but the one I attended was not so.
Great hashing country in Germany. I stayed in a Hostel smack dab across from the train station in Frankfurt which meant two things. One, easy access to major transportation to and from hashes and I could sleep in before taking the train to Prague today. Oh, it also was smack dab in the middle of the red light district which made for some very interesting walks around the block. I grew quite adept at saying, "Nein!" and pulling my arm away from whatever person grabbed it to try and get me into whatever club with comments like, "They suck you, no condom!"
Ummm, yeah... I'd rather stay herpes free thankyouverymuch.
Anyways, on to the hash. It was a quick 23 minute train ride to the outskirts of a much greener and nicer Frankfurt than in the city. The trail was a great length and went through some amazing woodland areas along footpaths and wandering through less traveled areas. I made the time for another wild blackberry stop and even juggled some apples from wild apple trees near the multinational church we ran past. I was told it's a worship center for any and all religions and stays unlocked 24\7 for that very purpose. It's on this hill in the middle of this large forest with no real roads running up to it, very very cool. If there was a time I wish I ran with a camera, that was it.
Trail was amazing, except I ran into that thing where the hares lay behind the pack again. It works for the walkers, but as an FRB it's still quite frustrating when there's no marks for ages and you back check out of confusion to see the hare laying flour and a directional arrow behind you.
Nevertheless, they were a great group to hash with and I hope that I can show them some desert shiggy if they ever make it to Vegas.
Well, 3 minutes left of net time so I'll end this now as I have Prague's Red Dress weekend, 24th anniversary and 888th hash in the next 3 days!

No comments: