Thursday, October 23, 2008

European Finale

So this is coming in a bit late (about a week and a half late...), but
with a major hash weekend on my toes in Thailand, I need to get this
finally closed up.
Hash-wise I felt there just isn't much to add, which is why this post
took so long. I ran with the B.I.T.CH (Because it's Tuesday,
Switzerland) on (you guessed it, Tuesday) where the hare took us on an
excellently long trail through the backside of Zurich and up, over and
around some wicked mountain biking trails in the mountainous hills
surrounding the town.
It was almost pitch black, making an otherwise well marked trail
difficult to follow. I was lucky with a light and a little hash zen.
Durexxell wasn't, zipping right past me in the dark he slipped off the
trail and damn near fell Victor/ia like off the hill. I was right
behind him though and was able to give him a hand back up.
The consequences of his fall, a cracked rib and chipped tooth. The man
still ran...
Afterwards we had doner kebabs then me and Moose stopped by Chainsaw'z
place where he left us with a batch of his 'cookies' which finished
where the beer left off.
That was my final hash in Switzerland, but there was another week
before my flight out. What to do?
Well, first off, the running along the Rhine is excellent and I
explored it to the fullest. From the waterfall to the farms to the TV
broadcast tower atop the large hill across the river. I ran about 8k
eevery couple of days.
What else? Well there was a cute blonde bartendress working at a
nearby place called Champs. She was calling me 'crazy-man' within my
first week there and after a bit of work (re:lot) she finally agreed
to meet me for Chinese food on her last day working there before her
shift. I got the time and showed up the next day to wait...
Turns out the language barrier effed it all up. What she said to me
sounded like, "Half past 6." but what she meant was half-to 6 or...
5:30.
So, we basically stood each other up. Highly disappointing, but what
can one do? Once that was figured out we both said, "Shizen." and that
was that.
On this past Tuesday I left for Bangkok with a flight change in Doha, Qatar.
Now I'm on a bus to Sukothai for the mekong 2008 event. On-On

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah, that crazy german and how they always mean half-to instead of half-after...