Thursday, June 26, 2008

Moons over Miami

So, last Friday on my way up from the Keys I stopped over in Miami
with the idea of seeing the beach until the weather forced me to do
otherwise. It's rainy season in Florida and that means a shower every
afternoon.
I took the opportunity to see a rather by the numbers Mike Myers in
The Love Guru and then headed to a happy hour drink n' run (not a
hash!) that some of the hashers in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale were
having.that evening.
I arrived on time (strange...) and found another visiting hasher, Head
Teller from the BVD hash in Melbourne, FL. He had also brought his
brother Jay and a virgin named Mike.
We sat for a beer and, not seeing other hashers I walked over to the
other bar in the place and found Cumming or Going and Stenchy Wench.
We all gathered together as more hashers arrived, had a few more beers
and then Cumming said that with all the visitors we might as well have
a proper hash then went to purchase flour and beer!
When Cumming came back we all met in the parking lot, went over chalk
talk and then took off after the hare.
Trail was a well marked, light shiggy affair about 5 miles in length.
It reminded me a lot of the urban shiggy Vegas trails and was a lot of
fun.
We even went along train tracks as a locomotive went by and honked at us.
The only trail peril was when Head Teller, his brother and Mike jumped
a 12 foot chainlink fence to screw around in a boot camp type obstacle
course, getting chased out by security and having Jay gash his hand
pretty severely on the jump back over.
It's not a real hash trail unless there's blood, right?
Circle was a quick affair with the usual celebra, with the exception
that I got to guest RA.
Now I'm up in New Smyrna Beach hanging out with Fecal Fucker who's
giving me crash space while I'm here. Last night I hashed with Daytona
Beach H3 (update on this soon!) and tomorrow, Gainesville!

No comments: