Tuesday, July 1, 2008

15 Minute Quickie

I'm on short time here, but I've got a lot of hashing to cover, so I'll (regrettably?) have to keep it short and sweet.
I arrived in Gainesville, Florida on Friday at the invite of Scrubby Chubby who visited the Daytona, Florida hash the same time I was there.
I arrived at the start fairly early, early enough to meet a transplant from Hawaii who was wondering if we were at the proper run start (like hell if I knew!).
Eventually more hashers arrived, along with the hares, Ganja Ninja and VaDryNa, who were theme appropriate in catholic schoolgirl uniforms (!?). I threw my boxers on over my run shorts to simulate as best I could.
Trail was a nice jaunt around the neighborhoods, mostly pavement, but ending with a trek down a stream in which only the hares got wet as we wisely followed the jogging trail that ran alongside the moistness.
The end of the 3rd bridge also marked a theoretical hare snare as I raced ahead (race-ist bastard) and cut the hares off as they were laying TP in the creek. A quick thinking Ganja Ninja marked Beer Check and we waited for the rest of the pack to walk the next 30 yards (!?) to the actual beer check. Sneaky Bastards!
Circle was grand inside a local pub and then we migrated to Ganja's to crash the night and de-alcoholize.

End Gainesville

Start Charleston

I arrived the next day with help from Squat and Swallow to Revolving Whore's house where the Happy Heritic H3 was starting trail. It was a slightly confusing arrangement of flour as trail lapped over itself several times and off a check I came into a later part of trail and we all finished before the hares. WELL before the hares!
We had an impromptu Beer Stop before we took off again, this time on the correct trail, which was also deviated later on as an incoming tide washed out a large section that the hare had set.
We all took the opportunity (well, most of us) to wallow, which caused my ass to burn (?) so I got out quickly. I'd rather not know what I was neck deep in...
Trail included a stinky creek, a ladder climb and an on-in. Shit Happens held a great circle with a Cone of Silence to shut up the loud ones, then the on-after consisted of food, nudity, hot-tubs and a hammock. You put it together, I was drinking beer and watching. I think a motorcycle was involved at one point.
I'm out of time, so I'll have to re-hash the Trash Hash next time.

No comments: