Saturday, July 19, 2008

America's Oldest Hash

According to the shirt that is.
Founded on 6/9/69 (isn't that quaint?) Boston's hash is known for A)
being in and around Boston and B) being a hash.
Great group of folks, roughly 40 showed up to Wednesday's trail which,
while shiggy-less, was a fun romp around the innards of Boston. I was
fortunate enough to run into Hare Club For Queers and another of the
fine Boston club that invaded Las Vegas for The Jizz Moppa's bachelor
thingy. Jizz himself wasn't present though as he was preparing for
today's wedding (for which the Vegas bachelor thing was held). See, it
all goes in sequence!
The on-in was held on the back patio of a downtown bar where
down-downs occurred, a great many songs were sung (even post circle!)
and fun gal named Just Deeley left me an awesome voicemail that
included words such as, "beer" "pitchers of" and "naked"
Awesome!
I got some crash space with Just Toj (sp?) a grand individual whose
living arrangements are unique so for for me in that there's like 8+
people under this roof sharing space. Only a couple of them actually
live there, but there are people crashing for a couple nights, people
staying for a month or two, etc. Very transitory and given all the
colorful signage aimed at peaceful co-inhabitance, very commune-ish.
Cool.
Last night was the Boston Full Moon Hash, the first one under new
mis-management as the founder, Jizz Moppa, is doing the marriage
thing.
Trail was a touch long, and at the end no one could find the marks so
we had to call the hares for the on-in location... However, each of
the beer-checks (yes, multiple!) were in very cool locations. Either
under bridges or atop lookout towers. Those were worth the effort and
highly enjoyed when found.
At the on-in Hare Club took on RA duties and masterfully led circle,
calling in various people for infractions whether real or imagined.
Including me for knowing too many songs and Just Deely for making out
with me (not really though, it was just a peck) during circle.
This went on for the better part of an hour and beer supplies were
scant. Nambla and Deeley went off on their bikes in search of more
beer (more beer...) and we continued on, stalling with some of the
longer hash songs (Free beer, Chicago, Yogi, S&M Man, My
Boy/Girlfriend is a Vegetable, etc.
Nambla comes back, we're still singling...
Well over an hour after, Deeley comes back with 60 beers on her back
having biked to three different liquor stores looking for one to be
open.
Hare Club calls her in for a naming. The usual stuff is asked along
with new information as she's been brought in for this before
unsuccessfully.
Names are shouted, my first one fails, more names are shouted, there's
a story involving bicycles and blood on trail. I suggest, Monthly
Cycle and the name sticks.
Circle ends, we're all hanging around drinking warm beer, everyone
takes off except me and Deeley, including the bag car with all my
shit!
So I crash at her place and the next day we get ahold of Nambla so I
can take the metro to meet him and pick up my bag.
Outside of a bullshit parking ticket, I'm enjoying Boston so far.
Last night I went camping out at Cape Ann. Tonight Cycle and I are
going to see Dark Knight in Imax. I should be running into Alyssa from
F4LV in the next couple days too. All while I figure out how to get
over the Atlantic.

No comments: