Monday, July 7, 2008

Baltimore/Annapolis H3

After a Saturday camping at the Capitol KOA (and amazing my campground neighbors with my hammock/tarp set-up that kept me dry the whole night during heavy rain), I drove down to Annapolis to hash with Baltimore. There I ran into Mr. Beanie Weenie, whom I met in Birmingham, who was in town visiting his gal.
How to describe trail... it was not pretty. I'm not talking about the shiggy, the ivy, briars or ticks (I got my share of all). It was roughly 5.5 miles laid out with about 10lbs of flour, almost all of which was hidden. I think the 5 of us who actually finished spent more of our 2+ hours out looking for trail than actually running it.
Hidden true-trail arrows, hidden flour, turns without checks, I try to limit my complaining when visiting a hash because I don't know the local kennel's custom, but this was ridiculous.
Combined with our getting kicked out of a section that went through private property (and in the process losing the beer-check), it was brutal.
Even one of the co-hares (laid 2 falses off of checks) was bitching at the end because he tried to do trail with us and got just as lost on the main hare's trail.
There were 2 graces, impromptu wild raspberry checks (there were several bushes along the roadside and in the woods) and the On-In which was a spectacular view of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.
The RA held a good circle, with a naming, as Any Cock'll Do's son was brought in to be forever known as Blown-Back Mount Them.
What is it with the Brokeback naming themes? With good info to work with (his most embarassing sexual moment was he was doggy-ing a girl and sneezed on her back), why settle when you can table? Jussayin.
Anyways, we all hung at the beach for a good while, dipping in the water, playing with dogs, drinking beer until it pretty much ran out, then went to The Mexican Café for the On-After.
Great (if somewhat strong) margaritas and good food. The only major incident at that point was a very drunk Mr. Beanie Weenie walking over to the adjacent bar's parking lot and peeing, which almost got his ass kicked if another hasher hadn't stepped in (almost getting his ass kicked in the process).
I suspect that Beanie's going to apologize at (or before) the next Baltimore Hash he shows up to.
Today I'm visiting a Flat4 member who has moved out East, then tomorrow I suspect I'll be at the Philadelphia H3.

Holy crap, I'm actually up to date on my postings... Let's see if I can keep it this way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

no way you'll stay up to date.