Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chiggers and Ticks and Birthdays, oh my.

So, I'm sitting atop the arch in St. Louis, Missouri. The really
freakin' big one, I think you know which arch I'm talking about... and
well, it's really damn big!
Saturday I ran with the Little Rock HHH, a solid 5 miler (or so) that
involved at least 2 (possibly 3) brutal hills, waist high grass that
had everyone yelling, "Tick city!" and enough shiggy to shake a bushel
of sticks at. The big kicker is that the hare, Reveend Bob, had a
quadruple bypass about six months ago and a permeating ulcer the size
of a quarter... then ran a 50k... Seriously (wtf!?)
On afters were at a local Italian restaurant where I had an after
dinner birthday brownie and ice cream (yum!).
One more night at Who Flug Poo and Des My TuTu's place before I headed
(who said head?) out toward Memphis, Tenn.
A fairly short drive, I stayed long enough to get raped by ticket
prices at Graceland (35 dollars for a house tour and airplane?) where
I was one of maybe 5 people under the age of 40. Still, it was a nice
abode, but suprisingly small.
Afterwards I stopped by a local strip club figuring a birthday lap
dance would be fun, but left quickly as the ladies were just a tad
(read: frighteningly so) over-friendly. After the 5th one grabbed my
crotch and offered a 'private' dance, I left, hoping I didn't catch
anything by sitting on the bar stool.
High-tailed it out of Memphis for St. Louis, stopping overnight to
camp at a KOA.
Notes: I need to find a laundramat.
Arch is cool, want to run the stairs... wonder if they have a race
akin to the Empire State Building one.
Just asked, no.
Probably will camp outside the city tonight and catch a blues show,
aim for Chicago tomorrow? Indianapolis? Need to find out when they're
hashing.

Also, thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. It's good
to hear/read it when I'm half the country away!

1 comment:

Justin Massongill said...

Didn't realize it was your birthday, man. Hope you had fun, and I hope you don't have gonorrhea now!