Saturday, May 31, 2008

Choo Choo Chattanooga

Friday I drove into Chattanooga feeling pretty iffy, stopped at a
Fazzoli's for dinner, and decided to grab a hotel room and hopefully
recover some. Checked google and found out that Chattanooga's Choo
Choo H3 was running on Saturday. Thought about calling the hare up to
see if something was going on that night, but thought better of it.
Went to Walgreens, bought Nyquil (or the generic non-name brand
alternative), went back to the hotel and crashed... hard.
I woke up the next day around 9-ish feeling like complete ass. Got the
room for the next night and went back to bed. Woke up a little after 2
and figured I'd try and at least attend the hash.
Glad I did! I walked it, but by far the most shiggyriffic trail yet!
3 ticks, unavoidable ivy, it was nuts. There wasn't any paths to
follow, the trail of flour just kinda went in a direction...
regardless of whatever may be in the way. I'd have to say 90% of the
trail pre-beer check was out of a trailing stream. The rest wove in
and out of the surrounding jungle.
Since me and the 2 harriettes walked we were way behind and decided to
shortcut to the on-in (it was an A to A). We had been out for almost 3
hours and were quite ready to end.
Coughing up green wasn't really helping me either.
Nevertheless, the hare Sticky Banana laid an excellent trail.
RA Hugh Heifer did a great job, leading our small pack through circle.
He even had some interesting stories about one Cunter S. Thompson,
whom he ran into at Interhash.
Sticky Banana was kind enough to give me a Choo Choo bandana, so I
donated the remainder of my On-On Ale to the pack.
I'm back at the hotel now, about to crash again from half a bottle of
generic Nyquil. Need to call RU back, but it's almost midnight, so
I'll save that for tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog via Atlanta H4's web forum, announcing that you were on your way in and needing a place to stay... sucks I'm going to miss you (I'm living in Athens, GA for the summer) as I'd LOVE to be in your shoes in a few years after I graduate college next year and make some money in the real world... and get myself a Prius :) there's certainly no better way to see the world than as a hasher!

On-On,
~Chum Rag
Atlanta Moonlite H4