Saturday, May 3, 2008

El Paso

So, a quick recap.
I drove into Las Cruces, NM on Monday, stayed the night and continued
into El Paso, TX on Tuesday.
I got there bout 30 hours before the Border Jumpers Hash started, so I
got a room at the Mesa Inn, where the hashers stayed during TexMex.
What a dump! The first night my bed was missing a post, the second
night (new room) bedbugs. I needed to switch rooms around 1 am because
of them, all over...
Combined with a not so hot time strolling to and through El Juarez
(almost didn't get back in because I didn't bring a passport), and I
can honestly say El Paso isn't on the top of my list as a city.
On the other hand, it was the first place I ran outside of a hash and
I did find a nice neighborhood, build in the late 60's/ early 70's.
They also have a kick ass hash with the border jumpers. The trail was
short (2 miles), overly well marked, and somehow kept everyone
together by the end. The GM, Butt Darts is a great guy and gave the
lowdown on the upcoming weekend.
I wasn't the only visitor either, as this gal from the Okinawa Hash
was stopping through. With a Japanese name, I couldn't remember it,
but given the background on the literal translation of "Loud Pussy", I
ended up just calling her, "Queef In The Canyon."
Good fun!
The next day, I took a 2 day drive north through New Mexico, stopping
only to check out the Hot Springs in a town called Truth Or
Consequences and to camp overnight (and freeze my ass off) just North
of Santa Fe.
Got into Colorado Springs yesterday, and I'll save all those goodies
for the next update!
On-On

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could have warned you about the state of the Mesa Inn. That place is a hovel, but you get what you pay for, and at 26 bucks a night, it isn't much. We were considered lucky because we had heat, hot water and 2 beds. We managed to blow a fuse in another room by plugging in a laptop and a hair dryer at the same time. The reason the hash keeps going there is that they really don't care if we trash the place. Not that there's much to trash.