Saturday, May 17, 2008

Little Rock


It seems that I've run across a huge contingen of artists here with
the hashers I've met in Little Rock. The combination of a house party
last night and the possibility of something to do tonight (not to
mention driving time and mileage) has kept me here through tomorrow's
hash. From what I gather, the hare (Reverend Bob) is notorious for
laying the most enduring shiggyriffic trail (think Berzerk Burke with
water moccassins and poison ivy) found in these parts. Last time he
laid trail they had a tick count at the end and K9 Jelly won with a
whopping 72 (9x8)! Should I be scared? meh.

The first couple night I was out here I stayed in a campground near
Hot Springs (boyhood home of Bill Clinton) and yesterday I took
advantage of the town's vicinity (about 45 min west of Little Rock) to
partake in a traditional bathhouse experience. It was pretty nice, hot
tub soak, steam room, body wrap and massage. All for 55 bucks, it was
a nice excursion, though I can't say I needed to relax all that much
as my trip has been pretty chill so far anyway.
Met a nice couple from Missouri at a bar down there. They were
celebrating their 1 yr. anniversary. Had some beer, shots, good times.
Last night (and it looks like tonight) I crashed at Who Flung Poo &
Tis My Tutu's place. A lovely married hasher couple who have been
nothing but friendly and inviting to me since my arrival. They have a
dog that's energetic to the point of "Whoa!" that woke me up by
licking my toes this morning. (?)
Looking forward to trail tomorrow, 10-15 miles is what I 'hear' but I
am not sure if that's a hare lie or not...

1 comment:

Knoxximus said...

Jeffy Jaffie JeffERRRRZZ!! I pulled a Jimmie Hendrix with your guitar last night!!...did you know that plastic melts??