Friday, May 16, 2008

Fayetteville and a couple things

I'll get the couple of things out of the way first.
Number one: I need to blog more frequently, if only to stop the word
vomit I have when I try to post the past week of goodies in one shot.
I feel like I'm missing the gems because I try and cover everything.
Secondly, my tent kicks ass in the rain. Mot that it's all that
important to anyone who reads this, but it is nice to know as Arkansas
is pretty much a rain forest right now. Cooool!

So, back to Fayetteville.Marcus, Beth and their son Hap (happy?) are
simply amazing people. They knew me from a whole in the ground, Beth
hasn't even hashed in ages, but they took me in, fed me, gave me a
place to crash and overall treated me like a family member.
I've never jammed with anyone, but lo and behold, Marcus and his buddy
Bart wailed away at the guitar while I did my darndest to follow along
on my harmonica and it was just great!
The next morning, Bart, Beth and I ran a 5.5 mile trail around Lake
Fayetteville. It wasn't a hash, but it could easily have held up to
one.
I feel that between Marcus and his family and Bart and his that I have
made some life long friends. I truly mean that, just amazing!

Following Marcus' advice and his and Bart's directions, the next day I
took the 'ol pig trail (route 23) down to Little Rock, camping
overnight at Redding campground. Lush green trees everywhere with just
the most amazing road to drive on. High speed twisties and wicked
switchbacks. It was a driver's orgasm to say the least!
The Little Rock Hump hash didn't run on Wed. That combined with my
getting incredibly lost meant I didn't hash. I'm a tad ready to head
(wsh?) up to St. Louis, but the hashers down there seem hell bent on
me staying until Sunday. Going so far as to hold a party tomorrow
(technically today) as a delay tactic. I'll have to see what Cunt For
Red October says when she calls tomorrow. Other than that, I'm camping
out near Hot Springs, plan on hitting the spa/bath house tomorrow.
This trip is taking longer in the US than I originally thought, but
that's not a complaint by any means. Can't wait to see what's next!

1 comment:

Ralph Mathieu said...

I've been enjoying your blog, especially all the Hasher's handles (that's names in CB radio talk)! Keep it up and continue to have a blast!